Caring for your Gamini Wig:
- How often to Wash- While it varies per each persons individual use, wear, styling & product habits, & scalp oil production, a good recommendation is every 4 weeks if worn regularly or every 6-8 weeks if worn only on the weekends, to keep your piece in good shape. You may go longer or sooner depending on the factors mentioned above.
Be sure to wash with Professional Sulfate-free Salon products, Lukewarm water to shampoo, cool water to rinse mask & conditioner to seal the cuticle. Carefully wash the wig avoiding to scruff up/tangle the hair. Keep conditioner off the knots (to not loosen knots/cause shedding).
Shampoo/condition between your hands. Gently towel dry by patting and squeezing excess water out (instead of scruffling with towel). Next apply professional leave-in products, detangle with wet brush then store and let air dry on wig stand or mannequin head/wig block. A mannequin head and tripod or table clamp also work great for those who struggle to style hair on their own head. Although you may also style straight from your head while wearing it, whichever you prefer.
- Avoid over washing- this will preserve the longevity of color, hair, and over all longevity of the piece. Wash around every 4 wks with professional products.
- Keep Heat Styling at a maximum of around 310 degrees and always use a Professional Heat Protectant.
- Hair MUST be completely dry before heat styling!
- Opt to let the Hair Air-dry instead of Blow-Dry with Hair dryer to reduce unnecessary heat styling damage to it.
- Avoid using excessive heat styling to preserve the Health of the Hair.
- Use a good Deep-conditioning mask when you wash it (after shampooing). Apply mask then brush & detangle it to evenly distribute the mask between the hair, Let sit at least 5 mins. Then wash out and condition as normal. This will re-hydrate and nourish your hair piece.
- After washing- Use a good Moisturizing spray/cream and lock that moisture in will a good hair oil. I recommend Kenra platinum gold luxe one leave in & the platinum gold luxe shine oil. For Shamp/conditioner, deep conditioning mask, I like Joico Defy damage set. Or Awapuhi Wild ginger Moisturizing set.
- Always Purchase Professional products always from source like Salon, Ulta, beauty supply store. Avoid Amazon or Walmart for example as these may not guarantee the product be genuine, and not diluted, tampered with or altered.
- Do not sleep in your Wig. -To preserve the piece, and not rough it up or cause extra shedding from the knots.
- Avoid using T pins, these can snag and tear the lace, use the ball head push pins instead.
- Always brush the hair from bottom-to-top.
- Always give a quick Brush when done wearing your Hair piece for the day then store on mannequin head. Be sure to Brush especially around the nape (where it tangles most due to friction of head turning around shoulders etc.)
- Send your piece to us for maintenance at least 1 per year. Revive the color, hair, and more.
- You can also rotate wears between several wigs to preserve the longevity on each for much longer.